Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2020

School Closure Updates 2020

Hello Room 9 families. I decided to go ahead and start a whole new blog post instead of updating. This is in response to this mornings announcement from Governor Doug Ducey and Superintendent of Public Instruction Kathy Hoffman that all Arizona schools will be closed for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year. This includes all FUSD schools, programs, activities and trips. So what does this mean for us? I will answer as many of those question as I can below, giving you all the information I have at this point. If I do not know, I will ask. I will not give you an answer until I reach out and am given a direct answer. I want to make sure all information I give to you is correct.  So here we go....


Learning Expectations:  Last night, before the statewide closures were announced, FUSD reached out and posted the online learning HUB. https://sites.google.com/fusd1.org/fusd-digital-learning-hubThis is Phase One of at home learning. These are merely resources, not expectations. What does Phase Two look like? I do not know.  I'm sure some of that may have changed this morning with the announcement of school wide closures. I do know it will be district led, and they have been and are continuing to work on it. When I know, I will let you know. I have also posted access to RazzKids and Sight Words links on my staff page, under the 2020 At Home Learning Link https://www.fusd1.org/Page/16403. The students are familiar with RazzKids as we do this in our room almost daily. I recommend working on these as a place to begin this week. This will be enough. Again, the most important thing to focus on is the health and well being of you and your families. 


Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch:  FUSD will continue to provide all children 18 and under with breakfast and lunch grab and go meals. Kids do not have to attend an FUSD school to receive a meal, and they do not have to be present at pick up. They can pick up from any of the sites providing a meal (Coconino High, Cromer Elementary, Killip Elementary, Kinsey Elementary, Leupp Elementary, Marshall Elementary, and Thomas Elementary) between 8:30 am and 12:30 pm. FUSD is also adding mobile sites. The addresses of the mobile sites are: 

  • Zuni & Kofa @ the Cul de Sac (8:30 a.m. -9:00 a.m.)
  • Zuni Drive & Cochise Dr @ Bow & Arrow Park (9:03 a.m. - 9:33 a.m.)
  • Mountainaire Store (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.)
  • Kachina Trail @ Raymond Park (9:10 a.m.-9:40 a.m.)
  • 37 Pinewood Blvd @ the Post Office (9:50 a.m.-10:20 a.m.)
  • 6885 Lumberjack @ the Lumberjack Store (8:30 a.m.-8:45 a.m.)
  • Rustler Rd & Leupp Rd (8:51 a.m.-9:01 a.m.)
  • S Horn Rd & Leupp Rd (9:14 a.m.-9:24 a.m.)
  • Star School (9:25 a.m.-9:40 a.m.) 

I do believe those are the two big things I wanted to cover information wise. If you have any questions or needs, please feel free to contact me at ashaw@fusd1.orgI will keep updating you all as new information comes through. It has certainly been an overwhelming and emotional day. This is not how I wanted this school year to end, at home and not with each other.  My hearts is broken knowing we do not get to finish in the classroom together. However, I am still right here with you-and I will continue to be. Please reach out, let me know your needs. Let me know your students needs. As Principal Reasor said, "The building is closed our hearts are not." #closednotclosed. Tell my babies I love them, give them the biggest hug from me! Stay healthy, stay positive, stay home! 💙Ms. Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy May Room 9 Families! We have been hard at work and having so much fun. Here is what we have been up to, where we are at, and where we ...